Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Consultant – Sustainable Resource Management, with green buildings experience to promote and support our clients to develop more sustainable projects.
WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application.
In a typical week, you will:
• Undertake and project manage a diverse range of sustainability (including green buildings, energy and waste) and health, safety and environmental related engagements for clients and stakeholders
• Apply your environmental and sustainability related technical expertise to providing clients with best practice solutions in the areas of green buildings certification, sustainability strategies and policies, energy modelling and assessments, waste management
• Manage and track engagement budgets and invoicing
• Lead and manage client meetings and presentations
• Create, manage and review client deliverables and reports with the support of fellow team members
• Proactively engage new and existing clients in the regional market with respects to business development
• Develop proposals which correspond to client needs and which appropriately consider commercial and technical inputs/risks
• Assist the Head of Environment and Sustainability (E&S) and Sustainable Resource Management Lead to identify new service opportunities and offerings
• Support and facilitate a WSP culture of customer service to internal and external stakeholders
• Mentor and coach junior staff and team members
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Preferably >5 years’ experience in environment and sustainability related consulting with experience in the Middle East
• Experience in green building certifications namely LEED v4, Estidama, Al Sa’fat and GSAS
• Understand energy modelling as well as computational fluid dynamics modelling and can interpret modelling results
• Experience with construction sites sustainability and environmental management
• Diverse sector knowledge including property and building, government and retail
• Excellent English writing – other languages particularly Arabic, an advantage
• Strong communication skills and able to work in global multidisciplinary setting
• Flexible and open to work with the wider Environment and Sustainability disciplines
• Comfortable working independently
• Solutions focused
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
The link to the job will be sent to the e-mail address you provide.