Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for Construction Managers/ Senior Resident Engineers with over 15 years’ experience in the construction of major Roads/Highway projects. WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application.
In a typical week you would:
- Evaluate, select and adopt suitable construction supervision techniques, quality control procedures, and continuous improvement measures
- Ensure that the requirements of the construction contract are fully met by the contractor
- Assist the SRE in the delivery of contractual obligations and in supervising the team of engineers/inspectors, reporting project progress, quality of the works and any changes in the design/construction
- Supervise Assistant Resident Engineers (AREs), Site Engineers and Works Inspectors
- Ensure all required permits from all governmental agencies are secured and valid and posted on site prior to commencing works.
- Adopt a proactive safety policy and safe work practices; ensure that contractor follows high quality health and safety measures on site.
- Hold and chair work progress / safety meeting between the Engineer and the Contractor; attend other regular meetings and with Client Executive Management, as necessary.
- Review Contractor's submittals including materials, method statements, inspection and test plans, inspection requests and requests for information (RFI) and provides timely responses.
- Review, respond and approve Change Orders and Contractor's Monthly Invoices.
- Coordinate with all Utilities Stakeholders; obtains material/subcontract approvals by creating necessary correspondence and participates in generating solutions to all technical issues on site.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Are qualified with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an internationally recognized accredited University.
- Hold a Chartered Engineer/Professional Engineer registration.
- Have minimum 15 years post graduate experience in design, site supervision, and construction management of roads and major infrastructure projects of complex nature.
- Have previous experience on infrastructure projects in Qatar - mandatory.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.